ASTCT Pharmacy SIG Journal Club - November 2023
The ASTCT Pharmacy SIG November 2023 Journal Club will air on Wednesday, November 29, 2023 at 2 pm CST/3 pm EST. This webinar consists of two, 30-minute journal club presentations, which include 20 minutes for the presentation and 10 minutes for discussion and a Q&A session. In the November Journal Club session, Drs. Patel and Gash will present on two articles related to (a) ciltacabtagene autoleucel or standard of care treatment in lenalidomide-refractory multiple myeloma and (b) post-transplant cyclophosphamide, abatacept, and a short course of tacrolimus (CAST) after peripheral blood haploidentical HSCT.
This session is intended for pharmacists and other members of the health care team who are involved in managing patients undergoing CAR T-cell therapy or hematopoietic stem cell transplant.
Presenters & Articles
Shikha P. Patel, PharmD, BCPS
PGY-2 Pharmacy Resident
Kyle Gash, PharmD
PGY-2 Pharmacy Resident
Moffitt Cancer Center
Session Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of the activity, participants should be able to:
- Review the role of CAR T-cell therapy in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma
- Describe the mechanism of action of ciltacabtagene autoleucel
- Evaluate the efficacy and safety of ciltacabtagene autoleucel compared to standard regimens in the management of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma
- Review graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) prophylaxis regimens following haploidentical hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HCT)
- Analyze the safety and efficacy of post-transplant cyclophosphamide (PTCy), abatacept, and a short course of tacrolimus (CAST) for GVHD prevention
- Discuss the utility of the CAST regimen for GVHD prevention after haploidentical HCT
This activity is jointly provided by The France Foundation and American Society for Transplantation and Cellular Therapy (ASTCT).
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by The France Foundation and American Society for Transplantation and Cellular Therapy (ASTCT). The France Foundation is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
This knowledge-based activity, UAN JA0007204-9999-23-041-L01-P, qualifies for 1.0 contact hours (0.10 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education credit. Please submit all evaluations and credit requests no later than 30days after you complete this activity to ensure your credit fulfillment, as CE credit cannot be awarded past 60 days from the activity date. Your CE credits will be electronically submitted to the NABP upon successful completion of the activity. Pharmacists with questions can contact NABP customer service (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All other healthcare professionals completing this course will be issued a statement of participation.
The full CE information for this session can be found here.