CAR T vs. Transplant: Complements or Competitors?
This webinar aired on July 28, 2021 at 1 PM CT for the third installment of the CAR T Webinar Series from ASTCT. This webinar featured a presentation by Dr. Scott Goldsmith, highlighting the key areas of CAR T vs. Transplant, including consultation, day to day management, sequential therapy, and the pros and cons of each. The webinar also included a robust panel discussion on these topics moderated by Dr. Tania Jain, and featuring Dr. Samantha Jaglowski, Dr. John DiPersio, Dr. Brian Hill, and Dr. Mazyar Shadman.
Speaker and Moderator Bios:
- Dr. Tania Jain is an Assistant professor of oncology at Johns Hopkins and also leads the adult CAR T program at Hopkins. She currently serves as Vice Chair to the ASTCT Committee on Education, and is an active member of other ASTCT Committees and Special Interest Groups.
- Dr. Scott Goldsmith is a newly graduated heme onc fellow from Washington University, St Louis and is on his way to City of Hope, Los Angeles (via Florida btw) to start his new faculty position as assistant professor in a week.
- Dr. Mazyar Shadman is an associate professor at University of Washington (UW) and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. He is a hematologic malignancies expert who specializes in treating patients with lymphoma/ chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). He is involved in clinical trials using novel therapeutic agents, immunotherapy (CAR-T cell), and stem cell transplant for treatment of lymphoid malignancies with a focus on CLL.
- Dr. Brian Hill is the Director of the Lymphoid Malignancies Program at the Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute. His clinical and research focus is in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and lymphoma. He is the principal investigator of multiple on-going clinical trials of developmental therapeutics including novel cellular therapies.
- Dr. John F. DiPersio, Deputy Director, Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center, Director, Center for Gene and Cellular Immunotherapy and Chief of the Division of Oncology at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. Dr. DiPersio’s research focuses on fundamental and translational aspects of leukemia and stem cell biology.
- Dr. Samantha Jaglowski is an associate professor of hematology and the medical director of the Blood and Marrow Transplant Program at The Ohio State University, specializing in stem cell transplants for patients battling lymphoma and CLL. Her current research includes a phase II study of CTL-019, a CD19-specific CAR-T therapy for the treatment of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL)
Thank you to Janssen Oncology and Legend Biotech for their generous support of this webinar series.